A note from our friends at Enloe in an August 2015 newsletter...
Project SAVE (Salvage All Valuable Equipment) is a non-profit organization that collects then redistributes quality recycled medical and dental equipment and supplies both locally and worldwide. In an effort to help people receive needed care that otherwise might not, every piece of equipment is free of charge. The cost of shipping the equipment and supplies are paid with tax-deductible donations.
It was founded in the early 1990's by Dr. Phyllis Cullen and the Men's Auxiliary of Enloe Volunteers. It has been directed since 2004 by Janice Walker. Over the years, unpaid volunteers, who make up the staff of Project SAVE, have donated thousands of hours of time and efforts on behalf of the organization.
On top of the number of hours collected, Project SAVE has also collected, stored, inventoried, loaded and shipped more than 135 twenty foot containers of recycled medical, dental and other supplies estimated at over $20 million to 43 countries and people in need worldwide. Supplies have also been given to many local needy individuals and home health care organizations.
Shortly after the first 20' shipment of material was sent out from Janice's garage in 2004, Enloe Foundation and Project SAVE partnered together in order to assist in organization providing office space. The organization now has their own 501C3 and is no longer under the umbrella of Enloe Foundation. Their warehouses are located at the East & 32 Mini Storage, at 2553 Hwy 32 in Chico. Donations are accepted on Tuesday mornings from 9-12 noon. Financial donations can be sent to Chico Project SAVE P.O. Box 2035, Chico, CA 95927, or made online at www.chicoprojectsave.org. For more information, such as stories, videos, recent news, and contact information, visit Project SAVE's website at www.chicoprojectsave.org.
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News