Supplies are on their way to Uganda and Zest4Kidz!
We are so grateful for each of you who came to help make this happen. I want to send a special note of thanks to the Well Ministry for allowing 4 of the men to come help with the loading since we were quite short handed! They made a tremendous difference.
Many thanks are due to those who donate, sort, pack, and load. Ginno's Appliances gave us a great price on a much needed refrigerator, and delivered it for free. Maxine Rogers was able to get a nice Dell computer and HP printer from Computers for Classrooms and then Maxine even donated the fee! Our website helper, Jill Townsend, donated a ping pong table.
Professional Hospital Supply gave us an abundant supply of children's crutches, pillows, shower chairs, and many pallets of great medical supplies. Loma Vista School and CA Childrens Services gave us gait trainers, standers, etc, for disabled children.
Enloe Hospital donated infant bassinettes, desks, & exam tables, and many wound care items. Sutter North gave us surgical supplies and baby scales. Costco donated many personal hygiene supplies and vitamins. Together it made for a wonderful load of over 674 items or boxes and I am so very thankful. I am trusting it will be of great benefit to the Zest4Kids program in Uganda. What a blessing to be able to help these precious children in such a distant land. God is so gracious to us in America and it is a joy to be able give in return.
The video, right, will give you a greater understanding and a wonderful visual of those we have sent to. The Kumi Diocese, Church of Uganda, is helping them receive the container for which all of us are grateful.
A note from Zest4Kidz: There are two main atrocities Zest4Kidz is concerned with in Uganda that affect children. First is the rehabilitation of over 20,000 children who were abducted by the LRA and forced to be child soldiers or child brides. Second is the rehabilitation of children who suffer from disabilities in a country that sees them as cursed. The video gives a short insight into the work that Zest4Kidz does in Uganda.
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News