World-renowned surgeon Dr. Glenn W. Geelhoed speaks to Chico audience
Dr. Glenn Geelhoed, MD, FACS, spoke on the topic of Surgery and Healing in the Developing World to a group of friends and volunteers of Project SAVE on March 8th, in Chico, CA.
Dr. Geelhoed credited Project SAVE with providing much-needed medical supplies and equipment to many of his overseas missions.
Find out more about Dr. Geelhoed below, or on his website.
Chico Project SAVE volunteers load a shipment bound for Africa with the help of Dr. Geelhoed (pictured here), learning to use a pallet jack.
The supplies were bound mainly for the Sudan and Chad, where Dr. Geelhoed works with the "Lost Boys Clinic", which he helped establish.
MORE ABOUT DR. GLENN GEELHOED
Glenn W. Geelhoed, MD, FACS, of Washington, DC, delivers surgical care and education throughout the world.
Each year, Dr. Geelhoed assembles up to eight surgical missions, with teams of medical students, residents, and physicians. Over his career, he has led more than 200 such missions to Africa, Asia, the South Pacific, and South America, and has inspired countless others to take up the mantle.
Since 1975, his academic base has been George Washington University, where he is Professor of International Medicine. In 1996, he established the African Regional Research Program; currently, he is developing an international health center and international medical education program for the university.
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News