Little Samuel receives a precious gift donated by a Chico family
Last year a family came out to Project SAVE with a truck and SUV filled with child-related medical supplies. They had just lost their little son, Ethan.
Our hearts ached for them and I think all of us who helped receive the supplies were teary as well, sharing in their loss. We assured them we would try to find a good home for their supplies. We sent Ethan's wheelchair with his name inscribed on the back of it to Papua, New Guinea.
Some of the more difficult to place items left this last month in the shipment to Uganda with Zest4Kids... a hospital for disabled children.
Just this last week a photo arrived from New Guinea, and my heart skipped a beat....was that Ethan's chair?
What a delight to see little Samuel benefiting from this treasured gift. We will attempt to find the paperwork on the chair and let Ethan's family share in our joy.
We don't always see the final results of what we do at Project SAVE, but when we do, it encourages us to keep on working! God is so good in providing supplies in order for us to share with others!
(Thank you to Dr. Andy Bennett, who brought this to our attention in his blog!)
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News