Aklan-Phillipines Mission to Heal
Drs. Geelhoed and Roode flew eastward from Nairobi to Manila where they joined an MMI (Medical Ministry International, www.mmint.org) team. Also joining them were Betty Roode and Carolyn Sherwood, who had flown in from America. This combined team then flew on to Kalibo on the island of Panay, and thence up to Caticlan and the Aklan Baptist Hospital on the northern shore of the island.
42 wells and counting!
I am in Tanzania and things are going well. We are drilling our 42nd well. I met with the District Commission and he wanted me to send you his thanks.
Supplies head to the Good Samaritan's Clinic in Kenya
We had a great day today loading for the Good Samaritan's Clinic in Kenya. Jacob Kliebe, missionary to Kenya, came yesterday with a van full of items to add to the shipment.
Laparoscopic supplies on their way to Ecuador
Dr. Edgar Rodas does surgeries out of a converted "surgically equipped" motor home, and also uses a river barge which has a surgical suite.
Supplies and toys arrive in Haiti
When I became a volunteer for Project S.A.V.E, one of the things I was particularly looking forward to was being able to help the people of Haiti in some way.
The "cupboard was bare" before S.A.V.E. supplies arrive
I just got back from my recent safari to the South Eastern part of Zimbabwe. Our camp was in Chibwedzva, a wild and unsettled area with no paved roads. Well water is limited and sanitary facilities are limited to non-existent.
Volunteers help with Project SAVE shipment bound for Kurdistan
Thanks to all our volunteers for their help in January with this shipment headed to Kurdistan. A special thanks to Drs. Darrel Lary, of Chico, and Aubyn Marath, President of CardioStart.
Shipment to Philippines is largest so far!
The shipment to the Philippines was our largest, by number of items, of any shipment so far. The total number of boxes/items was 921!
Leapingstone helps build a school in Togo, Africa
We were happy to receive these photos from Togo, Africa, where Chico-based Leapingstone is building a school.
Medical Ministries International brings supplies and medical care to Matigsalug tribe in the Philippines
Greetings! Tomorrow we shall trek up the mountains of southeast part of Bukidnon (Central Mindanao, South Philippines) to reach the tribal homes of the "Matigsalug" people.
Your donation went to the clinic in Santa Rita de Castilla on the Peruvian Amazon border and supported our team of two Peruvian national doctors, a North American nurse and three paramedics who went another 190 miles deep into the jungle to the tiny village of Dos de Mayo.
Notes from Kudjip Nazarene Hospital, Papua New Guinea
The youngest of the Riggins “band of brothers”, Noah, at 10 months, locks eyes on mine, leans in, we bump foreheads, and simply in doing so, halts the downward spiral of my difficult day.
American Samoa says thank you!
God in Heaven. I started to read the list of medical equipment and supplies you are shipping to the people of American Samoa and my eyes bugged out. You have met my patients' needs with gifts I didn't even know to ask for.
Another Project SAVE shipment heads for Belize
The truck arrived early, and things were loaded quickly. We did overfill the unit, so quite a few items had to be left out. These items will be transferred to other shipments. The volunteers worked very hard packing a totally full container which should be a real blessing upon arrival in Belize.
World-renowned surgeon Dr. Glenn W. Geelhoed speaks to Chico audience
Dr. Glenn Geelhoed, MD, FACS, spoke on the topic of "Surgery and Healing in the Developing World" to a group of friends and volunteers of Project SAVE. Dr. Geelhoed credited Project SAVE with providing much-needed medical supplies and equipment to many of his overseas missions.
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News
More inspirational stories from Project S.A.V.E.
We hear wonderful stories of the lives Project S.A.V.E. is helping almost every day. The photos at the right are a collage of our many volunteers, donors, recipients and supplies. We hope you enjoy reading more about them, below.