The bus, originally donated to Nor-Cal Mobility by Michael Pope of Alzheimer's Services of the East Bay has undergone a complete tune-up, has had the interior redone to include 6- wheelchair tie-down positions and 2 two-passenger flip-up seats and Nor-Cal Mobility has installed a Braun commercial-grade wheelchair lift. The bus is in great condition!
I have also received many incredible donations of pediatric wheelchairs, a hospital bed and other much-need supplies and equipment to fill the empty space of the bus from Janice Walker of Project S.A.V.E. and Courtney Casey from The Arc of Butte County.
The Bus project for El Salvador is now moving forward rapidly once again after a recent conference call thanks to Pat Burns & Francisco Moran. Andrew & Ken have been in contact with Gabriel Cunich @ IGL International Auto Shippers of Hayward, CA, Gabriel is arranging for the shipment of our bus and its contents, Gabriel thank you for
The Title for the bus is currently going thru US Customs & all
required Docs will be sent shortly to Francisco Moran of
ISNA. Francisco, please walk these thru as quickly
Andrew Lekashman is searching currently for a used Commercial washing machine for children of the Hogar Guirola orphanage
since their current washing machine is worn out; this is what happens when you have 80 kids & wash to handle on a daily basis. Anyone that might be able to help locate a used Commercial washing machine please contact Andrew Lekashman (email@example.com)
1300 Nord Ave
Chico CA 95926
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News
Hogar Guirola Orphanage in El Salvador bus update
I want to report the most recent progress in sending the full-size commercial bus donated to the Children of the Hogar Guirola Orphanage in El Salvador.