The "cupboard was bare" before S.A.V.E. supplies arrive
I just got back from my recent safari to the South Eastern part of Zimbabwe. I spent my time mostly in the Chitsa area on the Save River. Our camp was in Chibwedzva bordering the Runde River. This is a wild and unsettled area with no paved roads. Well water is limited and sanitary facilities are limited to non-existent. The people live in mud huts and the area has an 80% unemployment rate.
Many of the women are forced to do their laundry in the crocodile-filled rivers. Families sleep in primitive mud huts and when it rains the chickens and pigs also find refuge in the huts.
The medical supplies donated by Project Save were a God send. We visited the Chibwedivxa Clinic where the cupboard was bare in regard to even the most basic medical supplies.
According to Charles Matube, primary care nurse (pictured above) they have a full case load treating diarrhea, malaria, skin conditions, injures, eye conditions, aids and burn treatment.
We met with Victory Magnmbe, the acting Executive Officer of Community Services for the Chiredzi Rural District Council, who took custody of the medical supplies, and will distribute them throughout the Rural district based upon need.
Jim Ledgerwood, Chico, CA
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News