"You are a great blessing to us and the ministry in the Dominican Republic."
The container arrived and seemed to be complete without anything missing, it arrived just a few days before we were scheduled to return to the US. I don't think that we have ever been so overjoyed to see the good old American Flag. We had a mission team in from Oakdale, California, they were a GREAT blessing, helping us to unload everything into a bunkhouse area at our home.
We didn't have the opportunity to utilize any of the equipment before we left, however, we did take the opportunity to separate any short dated formula/liquid nutrition, and took it to the Orphanage and to a refugee area / trash dump that we have ministered in for the last five years.
It blessed many people at both places that truly are in great need. We also took over a walker and a potable potty to the refugee area, and we delivered the bikes and the swing set to the "Bread of Life" Feeding Center and Orphanage, the children were so blessed, they play on the swings for hours daily.
We will be in the states until mid February, we are very excited to get back and begin to process everything that was shipped. The week after we return, we have a team joining us to begin the process of further developing plans at the orphanage property.
As God provides in the future, we are planning to build a building to be used as a school and a Medical clinic that will be opened to the public. In the meanwhile we are planning to setup the clinic at the Orphanage in an existing area as a temporary clinic.
Again I want to express our gratitude for everything that you and Project S.A.V.E. contributed, I know that it was very challenging for you and us, to work through this process, however, I know that God has a great plan for this clinic and that many lives will be blessed as a result of our efforts. We praise the Lord for all that He has done!
Rick and Carie Bernard
Grace Covenant Church
San Cristobal, Dominican Republic
- Recent News
- Balikbayan Boxes
- Nor-Cal Bus Arrives in El Salvador
- Supplies save lives in Nigeria
- Samuel's new wheelchair
- Zest4Kidz helps Ugandan children
- A swingset brings joy to children in the Dominican Republic
- The wheelchair that changed a family's life
- The tumor weighed 46 pounds...
- The story behind Upon This Rock Medical Center
- El Salvador orphanage gets a van!
- Leapingstone ... more
- MMI brings supplies to tribe
- 100th shipment heads to Liberia
- An update from Ngandu
- Good Samaritan's Clinic ... more
- Joy as the container arrives
- Philippines shipment largest so far
- Cupboard was bare ... more
- Sewing machines send message of love and support
- Supplies headed to Kurdistan
- Dr. Glenn Geelhoed in Chico
- Loading for our shipment to El Salvador
- Toys arrive in Haiti ... more
- Clinic in Nigeria gets help from Project S.A.V.E.
- Laproscopic supplies Ecuador ... more
- 42 Wells ... more
- Surgical outreach helps hundreds
- A shipment arrives in Sierra Leone
- A lesson in patience and perseverance
- Overwhelmed with joy and amazement
- Ngandu, and another miracle
- American Samoa says "thank you!"
- Dr. Marath in Kurdistan
- Dos de Mayo Peruvian Mission
- Maria's fight for life
- Band of Brothers
- Another shipment heads to Belize
- Christmas comes in January
- Tboli supplies arrive!
- The container arrives in Sudan ... more
- Togo and Burkhina Faso
- Update from Nairobi
- Food and supplies reach Ethiopia
- My heart just sank, and then ...
- A letter of thanks from BBH
- Holding back tears...
- Tanzania shipment includes well supplies...
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
- Nurse Vicky Graham Mission
- SAVE supplies save life in Zambia
- Blood Source continues to give and give
- Story Archive >
- Recent News
- Recent News
A swing set and other supplies bring joy to children in the Dominican Republic